Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 31, 2011

Food & Cooking Fears

Ok, so I've felt a little inspired lately... Well, it all started months ago when I decided that I actually LIKED to cook (previously I always talked about how much I hated cooking and didn't really think I liked my own cooking). I decided I should start a cooking blog (which I never did because I thought I didn't really know how to cook). Well, recently i have been reading several cooking blogs, there are millions of them out there and I have been especially inspired by one blog that is written by an adopting mom (like me!) who is adopting from Ethiopia (also like me!).
Several months ago she committed to plan her meals each week and she posts her "weekly meal plan" on her blog each week. I have been planning meals for months now too, but its been really hard to stick to the plan, well, things come up you know. But I though I would start posting my weekly meal plan on this blog as well, to keep me accountable, so I'll actually do it every week!

I really do love to cook now, it's fun, and it's rewarding when you sit around a table with your favorite people in the world and see them smile and have great conversation... food is great! It brings people together and it makes people happy...



I'm trying to branch out of my comfort zone... I've been inspired by the movie Julie and Julia many times to branch out and conquer my cooking fears.. but that really can be hard to do when you have what i have in my house.... picky eaters...

In the past I have always picked recipes with only a few, simple, ingredients.. this cuts my time down, and I know my family will eat it... but, this I have learned, is why I don't like my own cooking... because I LOVE flavor and spices and different vegetables and all the things my household thinks is "weird". SO, I'm really want to branch out... try new things... more ingredients, more flavor... and vegetables (cut big enough for them to pick out if they must) LOL

I have also found that when I branch out, they actually like what I make too... Like last year I made a Rachel Ray recipe (which i always think are so yummy looking but I'm usually too scared to try to make) that had this glazed pear sauce on it and Bryan actually liked it! :) Or... he said he did.....

So, I'll be posting my meal plan later today, with links to the recipes, so that others can try them (if you so desire)... and hopefully be posting more about cooking and my learning experiences... since I DO love to cook!

Stephenie


No comments:

Post a Comment