Yes, I am one of THOSE people. I make new year's resolutions. I love lists, I thrive with structure and a plan. So each year, I go with it. I make resolutions.
This year is the last year of my 20's. And to be quite honest, I am so looking forward to entering my 30's. I think it will be a great and exciting time of my life! But this year feels somewhat special and sentimental to me. Like I need to slow down and cherish this, I'll never have my 20's back again, ever.
Ok, maybe I'm a bit strange and overly sentimental here, but oh well, it is what it is and I am who I am..
Ok, back to this year, 2014…Here are my goals...
#1 - To read through the entire bible (it's embarrassing that I am 29 years old, been a Christian almost all my life and there are still parts of the bible I've never read and much of the bible I've never carefully read).
#2 - Become less selfish - be more giving as a wife, mother, etc.
#3 - Lose 15 pounds (and really to just be healthier so that I can have more energy and to feel better)
#4 - Read 10 books this year (I have picked out 10)
-Give them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick & Jessica Thompson
-Knowing God by J.I. Packer
-The Hole in our Holiness by Kevin DeYoung
-Radical by David Platt
-Radical by David Platt
-Reverberation by Jonathan Leeman
-The Reason for God by Timothy Keller
-Breaking the Islam Code J.D. Grear
-Discipline The Glad Surrender by Elisabeth Elliot
-This momentary Marriage by John Piper
-The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
#5 - Start working through the "One Bite at a Time" ebook (it is designed to be done in 52 weeks but I just want to make it though as much as I can this year with no pressure to finnish the whole thing in one year.. If it takes 2, then so be it… I also want to blog/write though those challenges)
#6 - Accomplish the following goals from my "30 by 30" list
- Go Skiing
- Go Ice Skating
- Sew Aprons
- Keep a journal all year long
- Write a letter to Olivia and Brayden for them to read when they are older
- Make a 33 by 33 list
- Run a 5k
- Taka a photography class
- Grew a garden
So #1 & 2 are my priority - if this is all I do this year then that is AWESOME!
# 3-6 are things I want to work toward. If I accomplish all of them or just a little portion of them I will be glad that I am working toward something.
Happy New Year! I pray that it is a good one for you!
~Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment