For a couple years now Bryan and I have been talking about adoption. We decided a couple years ago that it was something that we both know we want to do and feel strongly that the Lord would have us do... so after tossing the idea around for quite some time now we have finally decided to make the first step toward adopting. If the Lord wills is, we feel strongly that the time is now...
First step.. We decided we want to adopt internationally...
Second step... we are now in the process of picking a country. This is a hard step! This week I have been doing a ton of research on different countries to find out if and what we qualify for. For example, in China both parents must be over the age of 30 to adopt there, so therefore, that country is out (for now at least). And other countries require a very long stay in the country in order to adopt... so we are coming up with a reasonable list of countries we qualify for and then we will just pray and pray that the Lord will show us where we should adopt...
Then... I think the third step will be finding an adoption agency??
My heart is so full of gratitude that my God would adopt me, a worthless sinner, into His kingdom. That He would even call me daughter! Giving me access to His very throne room, to sit at His feet. To call upon His name! To cry to Him, Abba Father, whenever I want or need too....
This is why I want to adopt. I want to bring a child that has no mother or father and likely no future into my home and declare them my child. That they can call me mother and receive all the same rights as my own blood children have and will have. I just think that is such an incredible way to display the love of Christ in this life! What better way to declare the incredible love and amazing grace of our Lord?
Anyways... I'm about to start reading a (very recommended) book called "Adopted for life" by Russell D. Moore so I am sure I'll have more thoughts on this matter once I start reading it!
:) Love Steph
Looking forward to going through this process with you. How awesome is it to display the adoption that God gave us in an earthly way? We are supposed to be representations of Christ on earth and it is so cool to be able to be used in this way to do so.
ReplyDelete